Degree Programs & Career Paths
What do you want to study?
- Discover your options: Hover over a subject to see quick facts about degrees and careers!
- In graphic design are highly sought-after in advertising and computer design firms
- In web design are projected to experience a 13% job growth 
- Can put their creative brains to work the game, web and even interior design
Buereau of Labor Statistics web designers
Business Degree Holders...
- Boast the 10 key jobs skills employers look for in candidates 
- Can work in any industry, even the federal government
- Are known to be strong leaders, solid communicators and expert problem solvers
Job Choices National Association of Colleges and Employers business degree holders.
Criminal Justice Careers...
- Are some of the most rewarding, highest-paying and fastest growing jobs in the U.S.
- Are expected to increase 22% by 2018 for crime scene investigators
- At the entry level, are widely-available in law enforcement, forensic science and homeland security
Bureau of Labor Statistics Job growth for crime scene investigators.
Bureau of Labor Statistics Law enforcement, forensic science and homeland security professionals.
- Are in-demand in subjects like math and science, as well as in urban and rural areas
- Represent one of the largest professions, with 3.5 million jobs in the U.S.
- Can secure academic tenure in as little as 5 years
Bureau of Labor StatisticsTeachers Employed in the U.S.
Bureau of Labor Statistics Best job proespects for secondary teachers.
Wikipedia Academic Tenure.
The Health Care Industry...
- Will generate 3.2 million new wage and salary jobs by 2018
- Is one of the largest industries in the U.S., with 14.3 million jobs
- Provides a wealth of jobs opportunities that requre less than a 4-year degree
Bureau of Labor Statistics Job opportunities in healthcare.
Bureau of Labor Statistics Jobs held in the healthcare industry.
Bureau of Labor Statistics Job opportunities in healthcare.
Info Technology (IT) Professionals...
- Are at the forefront of cultural innovation
- Can work in almost any industry - from healthcare and marketing to government
- Are expected to see a 17% job growth in Information Systems Management positions by 2018 
Bureau of Labor Statistics Expected job growth for Computer and Information Systems Managers.
The Nursing Field...
- Is highly recession-proof, and thrives during economic downturns
- Represents one of the largest professions, with 2.6 million jobs in the U.S.
- Is projectred to grow 22% by 2018
Bureau of Labor Statistics Nursing during economic downturns.
Bureau of Labor Statistics Nursing positions and expected new positions.
Bureau of Labor Statistics Nursing job growth.
The Culinary Industry...
- Is booming in major cities like San Francisco, New York and Las Vegas
- Offers a wide-range of tasty career opportunities for chefs
- Employed 941,600 chefs, head cooks and supervisors in 2008
Bureau of Labor Statistics Jobs held in 2008 and average salary
General Studies Degree Holders...
- Posses the skills employers say they desire most of job candidates 
- Are almost always happy with their degree choice, according to a NCES survey
- Can pursue a wide-range of careers across industries
Bureau of Labor Statistics General studies majors' have highly desirable skills.
Bureau of Labor Statistics Liberal arts degree holder survey.
- Are expected to grow 12% across industries by 2018
- Are in high-demand in specialized fields like Industrial-Organization
- 34% of Psychologists have their own private practices
Bureau of Labor Statistics expected career growth for psychologists by 2018.
Bureau of Labor Statistics industrial-organizational psychologist demand.
Bureau of Labor Statistics self-employed psychologists.
Legal Services Careers...
- For Paralegals and Legal Assistants are projected to grow 20% by 2018
- At the entry-level require only a 2-year degree in paralegal studies
- 26% of lawyers are self-employed 
Bureau of Labor Statistics Paralegals and Legal Assistants job growth.
Bureau of Labor Statistics Paralegal studies.
Bureau of Labor Statistics Percentage of self-employed lawyers.
- Thrive in economic downturns because services like hairstyling, electricity and plumbing will always be needed
- Generally require a 2-year degree or less
- Include careers in the automotive, clothing, grocery and wholesale industries
Popular Accredited Schools
If you want to get serious about getting your degree, come to the school that doesn’t mess around. Our real-world based curriculum is industry-focused and
made for busy, working professionals. We offer accelerated Bachelor’s and Master’s Degrees with specializations in Business, Technology, Criminal Justice
and Design that can be completed in as little as 15 months.*
Earn the degree you’ve always wanted at Ashford University. Be empowered with resources to achieve your goals, including an innovative online classroom and a supportive environment. Ashford University is defining the modern college experience.
Argosy University boasts one of the largest graduate student communities in the nation with alumni from a nation-wide system of locations throughout the USA. Argosy University, Online Programs provides a supportive academic environment that emphasizes teaching and practical training.
Ashworth College is a respected worldwide leader in comprehensive, nationally accredited online education. We have unified the three schools formerly known as Professional Career Development Institute, Ashworth College and James Madison High School under one educational institution. The result? Expanded course offerings, far-reaching upgrades in support services and instructional enhancements.
Capella University has a formal education alliance with more than 100 corporations. Over 26,800 learners from all 50 states and 45 other countries attend Capella. Achieve a respected bachelor's, master's degree or PhD from an accredited university. We believe that real, life-changing learning happens in an environment of academic excellence, challenge, and personal connection.
All colleges can teach a subject. But what makes Kaplan University online degrees and distance learning programs unique is our emphasis on teaching you how to absorb and apply the real-world knowledge that will be meaningful in your professional life.
At South University, we offer a wide variety of convenient online programs in business, nursing, healthcare, criminal justice, accounting, and information technology. South University online programs provide you with the freedom to attend class any time‚ day or night‚ from anywhere you connect to the Internet. At South University, you are in control of your education.